APA is the professional body for practising personal assistants (PAs) and virtual personal assistants (VPAs) who work in direct support of the leaders of business, the public and voluntary sector, academia, the charities and arts. APA;
- champions the Personal Assistant (PA) profession,
- offers advice, knowledge and best practice to enhance the support PAs give to their principal to ensure they both stay ahead of the game,
- designs, delivers and accredits professional qualifications for PAs,
- uses its size and profile as purchasing power in the national and global supplier markets to benefit its members and members’ employers,
- sets and oversees professional standards for its members.
APA supports members to continually develop new skills and expertise, share knowledge and experiences with like-minded people and procure at the leanest rates possible.